Sunday, September 16, 2012

Shining a Light Fore and Aft

Welcome to the first Sunday Edition of A Glass Darkly.

In keeping with the themes of my other entries in this blog, since Sunday is named for the Sun, these entries will shine a light on what I did related to my writing over the previous week, while also using that light to peer ahead into the next. Yes, there will be lists, but there'll also be a little bit of description. Let's get to it.

As you might remember from the last "Update Entry" I made, I wrote that I was going to provide an update every three days rather than every two. That was back on Monday, and so things have sort of slackened on that end of things.

However, I'm now yanking that slack and drawing in the last parts of that blog update for this Sunday entry. So, in the future, those sorts of blog updates will come out every Sunday. In the meantime, these entries will be all about my writing efforts.

Over the past week, here's what I've done for the sake of my fiction and poetry writing:

  • Re-organized the schedule of A Glass Darkly to better accomodate my fiction and poetry writing;
  • Come up with the climactic moment for my current fantasy novel (Working title: Dekar 4);
  • Made notes for a number of short stories;
  • Done some world building for that fantasy series I'm working on (the world's cosmology, history, and magic system, specifically);
  • Compiled a list of Canadian science fiction magazines.

As a refresher, here are the things still outstanding from the blog update of August '12:

  • Send out two short stories to magazines
  • Outline entirety of the fantasy novel I'm writing
  • Completed 10 of those chapters
  • Completed the next act (4 scenes) of an audio drama I'm working on

It's my hope that I'll have all of these wrapped up come next Sunday.

Until then, don't miss tomorrow's creative writing entry and Friday's look at Luke Wilson and Samuel L. Jackson's Meeting Evil over at A Glass Darkly. Plus, on Saturday, you'll be able to find the newest "Annotated Links" at that blog as well.

And keep an eye out for Tuesday's translation of a poem possibly written by Peter Abelard (of the famed pair of star-crossed medieval lovers Héloïse and Abelard), "Dum Diane vitrea," followed by Thursday's look at Beowulf's burial instructions here at Tongues in Jars.

Oh, you might also have remembered that I mentioned a video game blog that I'd be starting up soon. I still intend to start it sooner rather than later, so watch for a link in future entries.

Back to Top

No comments:

Post a Comment