Thursday, August 23, 2012

Blog Break Progressing (Update Entry #2)

The blog update has picked up a bit over the last two days, but so has my non-blog work. As a result, the to-do list has seen steady progress but less than I'd expected. As of tonight here is where each task stands:

  • Recorded, edited, and uploaded all of the missing translation recordings;
  • All of the outstanding recordings are now finished and just need to be edited and posted.
  • Created and posted a hyperlinked portfolio page on these blogs;
  • I'm in the middle of completing the entries for the portfolio - about 1/3 are finished and almost all of them are hyperlinked.
  • Made all of the titles of entries uniform across both blogs;
  • Sent out two short stories to magazines;
  • I have the short stories chosen, and just need to send them. However, this task might be the last to be finished since I still need to organize a list of prospects.
  • Created a central, personal blog on tumblr;
  • I now have a tumblr account, but it isn't yet set up as a blog page. Expect more on this front soon.
  • Created a Facebook Writer/Author page;
  • I now have a Facebook Writer's page, but it's still something of a blank slate. You can find it here.
  • Outlined the next 10 chapters for the fantasy novel I'm writing;
  • I've peeked at what I have written so far, but since I haven't done anything outside of world building for months, I need to re-read it more closely. This should be completed by Monday at the latest.
  • Completed five of those chapters;
  • Since the plan still needs writing, these chapters aren't anywhere near being written just yet.
  • Completed the next act (four scenes) of an audio drama I'm working on;
  • No progress yet.
  • Completed my two outstanding commissions;
  • Both of these have been completed and just need to be shown to the people who've requested them. Since I've done all I can with them (for now), I've crossed them off this list.
  • Created a Commissions page (accessible through every blog) to accept new commissions.
  • The draft is still sitting, just as it was on Tuesday.

Check back here on Saturday for the to-do list's current status.

And, of course, be sure to catch tomorrow's All-Request August movie review over at A Glass Darkly. I'll be looking for the likeable in the TV miniseries Earthsea!

Plus, for some of my writing that's not hosted on Blogger, check out my video game blog over at Examiner.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment