Monday, August 27, 2012

Blog Break Purpose (Update Entry #4)

Working on something other than this blog has reminded me why I wanted to pause my regular updates in the first place.

One of my reasons was to make these blogs more coherent, and the other was to bring writing fiction back into my routine. Somewhere in the mix, I forgot that I am a writer and not a PR guy or social media wizard. So, this is the revised to-do list that has things directly related to these two purposes in mind:

  • Recorded, edited, and uploaded all of the missing translation recordings;
  • These recordings still need to be edited. I'm slowly psyching myself up to tackle this.
  • Created and posted a hyperlinked portfolio page on these blogs;
  • All citations will be up over the next two days, and at that point I'll add this as a blog page. Every citation will be hyperlinked by the weekend.
  • Sent out two short stories to magazines;
  • After my current work is done I'm going to pull out my copy of The Short Story and Novel Writer's Market, pick the ten best venues for each story I'll be sending, and then I'll send them. This is still likely to be the last thing from this list to get finished.
  • Outlined the next 10 chapters for the fantasy novel I'm writing;
  • I've read some of what I'd written and, aside from being a little ashamed of my younger self (ah, what a difference a year can make!), I've got a plan percolating. I'd previously guessed this step would be done for today, but alas, it has not. Still, this item is the most likely to be crossed off the list come Wednesday.
  • Completed five of those chapters;
  • The plan is still outstanding, so the same can be said of these chapters.
  • Completed the next act (four scenes) of an audio drama I'm working on;
  • No progress yet.
  • Created a Commissions page (accessible through every blog) to accept new commissions.
  • Since my two previous commissions have been completed, I have no reason to not set up this page. Expect it over the next two days.

Check back here on Wednesday for the to-do list's current status. Check back on Friday for my search for the salient in This Means War. Oh, and, if you want to see some of my non-Blogger-hosted writing, check out my video game blog over at Examiner.com.
Back to Top

No comments:

Post a Comment